Mentoring as a process of guidance, career development, knowledge sharing and assistance for protégé’s has been around for thousands of years. Today’s organisations often talk of the informal mentoring that occurs on an almost daily basis, with many Managers both providing and receiving guidance.
More recently many companies have looked to implement more formal Mentoring processes to make the most of its positive impacts on crucial areas of their business, including:
- Improved attraction and retention of staff
- Increased productivity and performance
- Assistance with professional body requirements and registration (e.g. Engineers, Chartered Accountants, etc)
- Stronger focus on career opportunities, advancement and succession planning
- Expansion of skills, including staff, managerial and leadership development
- Improved relationships and communication
- A more positive orientation to business and personal learning
- Increased self awareness
Directly or indirectly all of these benefits have bottom line impact for organisations and make significant differences in the lives of those involved.
Under the brand of Coaching For Success we have been the preferred supplier of Mentoring skills training for IPENZ (Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand) since 2003 and offer skills development for Managers and Leaders looking to establish and expand their abilities as Mentors.
We assist organisations in the design, development, roll out and ongoing support of Mentoring Programmes. In particular we have a number of development offerings and resources which enable this, including foundation workshops for both Mentors and Mentees and more advanced skill development for the more experienced Mentors. As with all of our solutions these can be customised to suit your organisation and the skill level of those involved.
We also provide individual coaching / mentoring support for both Mentors and those championing or co-ordinating mentoring programmes in organisations.
For further details you are able contact us via telephone (09) 336 1418 or via our contact form.